top of page
Reformer: Famous Quote
The Pilates Reformer designed by Joseph Pilates
* Suitable for all levels from beginners to the more experienced.
* Reformer sessions can focus on the whole body or on specific areas that need attention.
* A more focused experience, you may wish to start with shorter sessions and build up from there.
* 30 or 60 minute sessions are on offer with concession prices and a Reformer Pass available.
* Read more below about the Reformer and why you should book in.
*Go to the Services page to view sessions times and prices.
* Contact me if you wish to discuss anything prior to booking your session.
Movements performed on a Pilates Reformer with its specialised springs and pulleys are perfect for creating greater strength and flexibility, improving balance and coordination, increasing breath capacity and maintaining posture. The reformer’s moving carriage and variable spring settings create a myriad of opportunities for working with the body like no other.
Features of the reformer, such as the straps and pulleys, are designed to help improve mobility, flexibility and range of motion. Elements like the adjustable springs means that with its different resistance levels, the reformer can be made to work for everyone from beginners, to people with injuries to those with more experience.
The reformer’s official name is the “universal reformer” and as the name infers, it can be adapted to work for everyone and to meet all needs as it is suitable for all.
An incredibly versatile piece of equipment, it can be used lying down, standing, kneeling or on all fours. Most exercises involve some form of pushing and/or pulling action, whilst others involve keeping the carriage still as the tension of the springs work against you. Part of why the reformer is so effective is that it can be either assistive or resistive so exercises can be made more or less challenging according to ability and desire.
This Pilates Reformer machine has been very generously gifted.
By way of thanks 5% of all fees received for Reformer sessions will be donated to Parkinson's UK.
Reformer: About Therapy
bottom of page